Monday, August 30, 2010

[Trans] There was a fuss in my store..

Original in Korean: baekwonman
Date/time: 2010.08.29 12:00
Translated into English: suehan

Were you caught by the title?

Since the store opened, a Malaysian auntie often dropped by and said that she loved Bae Young Joon. She had Yong Joon’s picture in her cellphone. She was a crazy fan. She requested she wanted me to get his goods like pictures. So, I got some things related to the entertainers. But Bae Yong Joon’s and Lee Byung Hun’s memorabilia was not selling well. The aunties were the only purchasers of the memorabilia. Kim Hyun Joon’s goods (suehan: I think the writer is confused between Kim Hyun Joong and Kim Hyung Joon) and Super Junior’s goods were selling well.

Yesterday, I was surprised when I saw lots of Chinese and Malysian aunties in the store; when after the meal, Seoleim nim and I returned to the store. I wondered what all the commotion was about. They said that today was Bae Yong Joon’s birthday. The aunties looked like the members of the Bae Yong Joon fan club. They even prepared a big cake and were ecstatic while seeing his pictures. All the aunties bought one of his pictures and were delighted. They also showed me the I Love Korea membership card for the discount.

Among the members, there was a grandmother. The Chinese and Malaysians became one under the name of Bae Yong Joon. Now that I think about it, that was the day that I realized the Hallyu fever. Seoleim nim said that we better mark Bae Yong Joon’s birthday to display his goods for the upcoming year. She also said that it would create great publicity. The aunties would eagerly come to take pictures if we put his big picture outside. I really want to do it. I put a lot of effort in it. But the goods related to the entertainers are so expensive and shabby. It’s difficult to get them and sometimes I’m even suspicious that they might be Chinese mugs and poorly made stickers. Sob sob.

Would it be a good idea for the business if I open a memorabilia store and invite the members of I Love Korea? Yesterday was I LOVE YOU BAE YONG JOON day. I think today is his birthday. A Malaysian auntie came and bought his pictures while I was writing this story. Hurray, Bae Yong Joon.

http://cafe.naver.com/gotomalaysia/1803

suehan: I’m reposting the gathering of Malaysian Families from Xiaoyj’s blog.




No comments: